The HSN2019 meeting will be held at the Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas on October 4-6, 2019.
Call for Abstracts
The HSN2019 organising committee invites you to submit abstracts for poster and/or oral presentation. Please indicate whether you would be interested in giving an oral presentation. From the submitted abstracts that will indicate such preference, six (6) will be selected. Only first authors, who are PhD students or post-doctoral fellows, of the abstracts are eligible for oral presentation. If you would like to be considered, please include a one-page CV in your e-mail for the abstract submission. Please use the template to prepare your abstract and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You don’t have to be a member of HSN to submit an abstract for the meeting. The deadline for submission is July 15, 2019.
You can download the preliminary program of the meeting here.
Confirmed plenary speakers
- Julie Bakker – FNRS Research Director, Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, GIGA Neurosciences, University of Liège, http://www.giga.ulg.ac.be/cms/c_23482/fr/laboratory-of-neuroendocrinology-j-bakker-s-team
- Marina Bentivoglio, MD, Dept. of Neuroscience, Biomedicine and Movement Sciences, University of Verona School of Medicine, http://www.medicina.univr.it/fol/?ent=persona&id=1069
- Eero Castren, Academy Professor, Neuroscience Center, University of Helsinki, Finland, General Secretary of FENS, www.helsinki.fi/
- Rosa Cossart, Director of Research, Institute of Mediterranean Neurobiology, INSERM, INSERM UMR1249, Aix-Marseille University, http://www.inmed.fr/en/developpement-des-microcircuits-gabaergiques-corticaux-en
- Gregoire Courtine, Associate Professor, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL), EPFL SV BMI UPCOURTINE, http://courtine-lab.epfl.ch/
- Carmen Sandi, Director of the Brain Mind Institute at Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne and President of FENS, http://www.epfl.ch/labs/lgc/
Symposium 2: Euroneurotrophin: small molecule neurotophin mimetics
Organizer: Theodora Calogeropoulou, Research Director, National Hellenic Research Foundation
Symposium 3: Systems neuroscience: from cells to circuits
Organizers: Dinos Meletis, Associate Professor and Andreas Kardamakis, Assistant Professor, Karolinska Institute
Symposium 4: Programming and reprogramming in the embryonic and adult brain
Organizers: Dimitra Thomaidou, Investigator A, Institute Pasteur Hellenique and Stavros Taraviras, Professor, University of Patras
Symposium 5: Behavioural aspects in animal models: Genetic and environmental impact
Organizers: Antonis Stamatakis, Associate Professor, National Kapodistrian University of Athens and Myrto Denaxa, Niarchos Fellow, Fleming Institute
Symposium 6: Cognitive functions in the prefrontal cortex: from local circuits to long-range interactions.
Organizer: Georgia Gregoriou, Associate Professor, University of Crete
Symposium 7: Time representation in Brain and Brain representation in Time
Organisers: Konstantina Kilteni, Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden and Argiro Vatakis, Department of Psychology, Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences, Athens, Greece
Organizers: Leonidas Stefanis, Professor of Neurology & Neurobiology, University of Athens Medical School; Director, First Department of Neurology, Hospital Eginition, Athens, Greece and Alexia Polissidis, Collaborating Researcher, Laboratory of Neurodegenerative Diseases, Biomedical Research Foundation Academy of Athens, Greece
Symposium 10: From cellular to physiological stress: common mechanisms to neuropsychiatric and neurological pathologies
Organizers: Dr Christina Dalla, Department of Pharmacology, Medical School, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece and Dr Ioannis Sotiropoulos, ICVS Institute, Medical School, University of Minho, Portugal