The Hellenic Society for Neuroscience (HSfN) is planning the following events for Brain Awareness Week 2020.
- School visits to primary school and high school students are organized in Patras, Amorgos and Thessaloniki.
- Visits of primary schools and high schools to Universities and neuroscience research labs at the Hellenic Pasteur Institute in Athens and University of Crete, Dept of Biology in Heraklion.
- A school day for the brain, “Brain: A known unknown”, two events for primary and high school students in the Conference and Culture Center of the University of Patras, Patras, on March 22nd 2020 and in the Conference and Culture Center of the Regional Unity in the city of Pyrgos, Ileia, Peloponnese on April 3rd , 2020.
- Pleasure-happiness-unhapppiness”, Papacharalmbeios hall, Nafpaktos, March 28th, 2020
- “Communication and the Brain”, an event organized for the general public at the Historical Museum of Crete, March 21st, 2020.
- “Brain and health: From childhood to adolescence”, Medical Museum of Crete, University of Crete, March 6th, 2020
- “Neurosciences”, University of Thessaly, Lamia, February 27th, 2020
HSfN members organizing and/or participating in the events
Patras: Marigoula Margariti, Associate Professor, University of Patras Athens: Georgia Kouroupi, post-doctoral fellow and Rebecca Matsas, Research Director, Hellenic Institute Pasteur
Nafpaktos: Spyros Efthimiopoulos, Professor, National Kapodistrian Univeristy of Athens
Herakleio: Stella Giakoumaki, Associate Professor and Kyriaki Sidiropoulou, Assistant Professor, University of Crete
Lamia: George Kostopoulos, Professor, University of Patras